- Ask your kid to balance down on the ground on both hands and feet.
- Once your kid gets the balance right, ask them to tuck in their toes and lift their hips higher towards the ceiling.
- Your kid has to do the balancing in such a way that their body makes a kind of triangle pose, with the help of the mat, the hands and feet on the ground and the hips in the air.
- Now ask your kid to press their chest towards the front and make sure that they put their head downwards in a hanging down pose.
- At this point, your kid may automatically veer towards getting their body balanced on tiptoe. Instead of doing that, ask your kid to try and keep their feet on the ground as much as they can and bend their knee a little unless they can’t do without it at all. It is one of the best yoga poses for children to add to their daily list.
How It Helps:
The doggy pose will also help to reverse the flow of blood in your kid’s body and help to re-oxygenate the body. Not just that, it will also help to give your kid’s body a resting pose that will help to make their bodies feel more stable. The doggy yoga child pose will help to create a home base for all your kid’s different yoga poses. It is also a pose that will help your kid to strengthen different parts of the body and maintain better balance.